Spring Energized Seals PTFE Teflon® Seals for Extreme Environments
Metal Spring Energized PTFE Seals for Extreme Environments
Alternative to: MSE® Seals, Bal Seals, Variseal®, Omniseal®; and Flexiseal®
SEAL TYPES AND GENERAL CAPABILITIES
|SEALABILITY WITH HELIUM||APPLICATIONS|
|Good||This seal type is mainly intended to be used in dynamic applications. This seal has a balance of good sealability, low friction and long service life. Can be used for up to 250 ft/min. surface speed. Available in piston, rod and face seal configurations.|
|Better||This seal type is designed for static or slow dynamic applications, sacrificing some flexibility for improved sealability. Available in piston, rod and face seal configurations.|
|DOUBLE COIL SPRING|
|Best||This seal type is designed for static applications only. The high spring load ensures better sealability than a single spring seal. This type of seal is specifically recommended for cryogenic applications. Available in piston, rod and face seal configurations.|
|*||*||Good||This seal type is suitable for static and dynamic applications. The o-ring is energized is used in cases when the metal spring cannot be used for compatibility reasons. Available in piston, rod and face seal configurations.|
JACKET MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Virgin PTFE: Recommended for most static applications
- Graphite Filled PTFE: Recommended for dynamic applications
- Carbon Filled PTFE: Recommended for higher pressure dynamic applications
- Polymer Filled PTFE: Recommended for dynamic applications and long service life
- UHMW-Polyethylene: Recommended for abrasive media at temperatures up to 200°F
- Hytrel: Recommended for abrasive media at temperatures up to 315°F
- PEEK: High strength plastic recommended for temperatures up to 500°F
- Other Materials: Many more PTFE compounds and other plastics available. Contact Marco Rubber’s engineering team for specific information.
SPRING MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- 301 SS: Recommended for general applications. For temperatures up to 500°F
- 302 SS: Recommended for general applications. For temperatures up to 500°F
- 304 SS: Recommended for general applications. For temperatures up to 450°F
- 316 SS: Recommended for general applications. For temperatures up to 400°F
- Elgiloy: Greater chemical and temperature resistance. Meets NACE MR-01-75. For temperatures up to 600°F
- 17-7 PH SS: Standard for Coil springs for general applications. For temperatures up to 500°F
- Inconel 718: For extreme temperatures up to 600°F
- Other Materials: Nitrile, FKM, FFKM are also available for use as energizer materials.
Note: Contact Marco's engineering for specific material information or for assistance regarding applications requiring higher temperatures and/or higher pressures.
EXAMPLE OF SEAL CONFIGURATIONS
Note: Many more custom designed configurations are available to meet a wide range of hardware configurations and applications.
- Seals available for Piston, Rod, Flange Seals for Inside & Outside pressure as well as custom gland configurations.
|RADIAL GLAND||FLANGE GLAND|
- Valve stems
- Valve bodies
- Ball valve seats
- Turbo pumps
- Turbo Expanders
- Cryogenic seals
- Waterless fracking
SPRING ENERGIZED O-RINGS
PFA or FEP polymer encapsulating a 300 series stainless steel spring. Excellent chemical resistance and a temperature capability from -420 o to +500 o F.
Spring Energized O-rings are typically available in the following cross-sections and can be made to match standard AS568A o-ring sizes
MSE® is a registered trade name of Greene, Tweed & Co. Variseal® is a registered trade name of Trelleborg. Omniseal® is a registered tradename of Saint Gobain.
Flexiseal® is a registered trade name of Parker Seal. PTFE is a registered trade name of DuPont Corp.