Trade Name: Silastic® LS, FSE
Fluorosilicone is a widely used elastomer that can be compounded to meet a wide range of applications. The mechanical and physical properties are very similar to silicone rubber. However, fluorosilicone offers improved fuels and mineral oil resistance but poor hot air resistance when compared with silicone. This material is widely used in semiconductor Ashing equipment for its resistance to oxygen plasma.
- Excellent flexibility and resistance to compression set
- Excellent resistance to aging and weather-sunlight
- Resistance to oxidizing chemicals, animal and vegetable oils, fuels, aromatic and chlorinated solvents
- Resistant to diluted alkalies, diester oils, aliphatic and aromatic fluorocarbons, silicone oil, toluene, benzene, ozone and oxidative environments.
- Brake fluids, ketones, hydrazine, adelhydes, amines, ketones
- Poor abrasion resistance
- -80° to 350° F (-62° to 177° C)
Popular Fluorosilicone O-Ring Materials
Don't see what you need?
Please contact an application engineer for assistance in selecting the compound that provides the best combination of performance and price for your specific application.
|Marco CPD#||Base Material||Color||Duro (Shore A)||Relative Price||Typical Inventory Level||High Temp (F)||Low Temp (F)||Steam < 300 F||Steam < 400 F||Compression Set||Chemical & Solvents||Sunliight, Ozone, UV||Wear Abrasion||Permeation Vacuum||Petroleum Oils & Hydraulics||Fuels & Gas||Brake Fluids|
|1 = Great 2 = Good 3 = Fair 4 = Poor|
|F1001 View Datasheet||Fluorosilicone (FVMQ)||Blue||70||High||350||-80||4||4||2||3||1||4||3||3||1||4|
|Aerospace Military Specification Mil-Spec AMS-R-25988 M25988/1-### per Mil-R-25988 CL-1 GR-70, jet fuel resistance|
|F1002 View Datasheet||Fluorosilicone (FVMQ)||Blue||75||Low||350||-80||4||4||2||3||1||4||3||3||1||4|
|Aerospace Military Specification Mil-Spec AMS-R-25988 M25988/2, jet fuel resistance|
|F1003 View Datasheet||Fluorosilicone (FVMQ)||Blue||60||Low||350||-80||4||4||2||3||1||4||3||3||1||4|
|Aerospace Military Specification Mil-Spec AMS-R-25988 M25988/3, jet fuel resistance|
|F1006 View Datasheet||Fluorosilicone (FVMQ)||Blue||40||Low||350||-80||4||4||2||3||1||4||3||3||1||4|
|Jet fuel resistance|